Monday, May 26, 2008

Departure

Through the air...across the ocean...we continue to be separated by thousands of miles as you depart. Yet I feel our bond strengthening with every moment that passes. This is a bond written in blood and between our souls - a love that cannot be tainted, diminished or forsaken....

Today my love is on his way out of this country to serve yet another tour of duty to protect our freedom and our rights as Americans. This has not been easy at all for me, but after 19 years of service and a few more left to go, how can I not trust that my love will carry out his duties to the fullest of his capabilities? Not only that, but he has young soldiers under his command who need his guidance and wisdom.

My Master Sergeant (USAF) is leaving me today, but more importantly, he is leaving a wonderful family - including two beautiful daughters - to serve his country in Iraq. He is very low-key and modest about his dangerous duty, but he carries himself with a quiet strength and dignified confidence that anyone can easily admire.

I have had the priviledge of spending the last few months with my love although he has been on active duty, and we have shared some of the most beautiful moments together. I know in my heart those moments will continue the day he sets foot back on U.S. soil. In the meantime, we have technology (thank goodness!) and the special bond we have created together.

I am so proud of you and please come home safe to your Bagheera!

3 comments:

DrJones2005 said...

My love, I cannot wait to get back to you already. I thank you for the wonderful kind words. It's wonderful to feel so loved by so many but most importantly you and my girls.see ya soon. *muah*

butterfly42080 said...

I weep with you, my dear friend. I am here for you, no matter what time of the day.
This is a beautiful post... I am grateful to know both of you. I love you guys very much and cannot wait for the Sarge to get his butt back to the States. Good luck, God Bless, and thank you.

Bagheera said...

Thank you my seester. You are a true friend & the Sarge & I love you too! Hopefully I'll see YOU soon!